On this 10-day handcrafted Indonesia tour, you’ll tick off a handful of Indonesia’s most-popular islands. You’ll explore temples in Bali, hike up mountains in Java and look for giant lizards in Komodo.
Board your overnight flight and begin your journey to Indonesia’s islands.
Your guide will be waiting for you when you land in Bali. They’ll arrange your transfer to your hotel in Seminyak, one of the island’s top beach spots. Free time in the evening. Free time in the evening.
Stay: Four Points Seminyak (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast
Today, you’ll tick off a couple of Bali’s most popular waterfront shrines, including the UNESCO-protected Ulun Danu Temple, and try some local cuisine.
- Visit the Temple of Tanah Lot – the most famous religious landmark in Bali. It’s on a rocky outcrop in the sea, but you can walk there when the tide’s out.
- Tuck in to a traditional Indonesian meal during a visit to Jatiluwih. This rural village is nicknamed ‘green land’, because of its pea-coloured rice fields.
- Snap some photos of the UNESCO-recognised Ulun Danu Temple. This lakeside shrine was built in 1633, to honour Bali’s river goddess, Dewi Danu.
Stay: Taman Sari (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Full day of free time. There’s nothing on the itinerary today, so you’re free to do what you want in Pemuteran.
Stay: Taman Sari (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast
Start today with some early-morning bird-watching in Bali Barat National Park. Then, head to Java Island for a tour of the capital, with its bustling markets and peaceful parks.
- Explore mangrove forests and grassy plains during a bird-watching session in Bali Barat National Park – it’s home to over 300 species.
- Kick back and relax during a 45-minute ferry ride to the island of Java. You’ll set sail from the port at Gilimanuk, on Bali’s west coast.
- Take a look around the 200-year-old temple of Hoo Tong Bio. This crimson-coloured shrine is the oldest of its kind in this part of Bali.
- Hop in a pedal cab for a tour of eastern Java’s capital, Banyuwangi. You’ll see everything from lively markets to sacred public parks.
Free time in the middle of the day.
Stay: Ketapang Hotel (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast
You’ll wake up bright and early, ready for a hike up Mount Ijen to watch the sunrise. Afterwards, you’ll meet some of the locals in the town of Kemiren.
- Walk to the summit of 2,300-metre-tall Mount Ijen Volcano to watch the sunrise over the mountains. The hike takes about two hours.
- Meet some of the workers who operate the sulphur mines near the volcano. You might see them carrying giant baskets of raw sulphur, known locally as ‘yellow gold’.
- Sit down for a cup of coffee with a local Osing family. You’ll see inside their terracotta-tiled home, and learn about their 700-year-old culture.
Free time in the afternoon.
Stay: Ketapang Hotel (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast
After breakfast, you’ll travel inland to the village of Tosari. On the way, you’ll stop off at the town of Jember, for a tour of a cigar factory.
- See how Jember tobacco’s grown and made into cigars during a factory tour. It’s considered to be some of the best in the world, alongside Cuba’s.
- Tuck in to a traditional Indonesian meal at a restaurant in Jember.
- Take some photos of Java’s emerald-coloured countryside during the three-hour journey to Tosari.
Free time in the evening.
Stay: Plataran Bromo | Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Set your alarm for the early hours today, because you’ll drive to the top of a volcano at sunrise. Afterwards, you’ll head to Java’s capital city, home to a traditional harbour.
- Watch the sun rise over the peak of Mount Bromo from Mentigen Hill, a vantage point that’s known for its panoramic views of the countryside.
- Drive to the top of Mount Bromo for a look at its active crater – don’t worry, it’s safe.
- Chill out during the two-and-a-half-hour journey from the volcano to Surabaya, the biggest city on the island.
- Potter around the Kalimas Harbour, in Surabaya’s Arabian quarter. It was the city’s first port, and dates back to the 13th century.
Stay: Novotel Surabaya | Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Today, you’ll catch a flight to Labuan Bajo Island. When you land, you’ll visit Batu Cermin Cave, a tunnel known for its reflective rocks.
- Follow your guide through Batu Cermin Cave. It’s also called Mirror Rock, because its walls shine like mirrors when light hits them.
Free time in the morning.
Stay: Bintang Flores | Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Komodo National Park’s home to more than 5,000 komodo dragons, the largest lizards on the planet. You’ll see them for yourself today, before relaxing at a beach.
- Take in the views of some of Indonesia’s picturesque volcanic isles during a cruise to Komodo Island, one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature.
- Search for wild komodo dragons during a guided hike on Komodo Island. They can grow up to three metres long, and live to up to 30 years old.
- Kick back and eat lunch on Pink Beach’s bubblegum-coloured sand. You’ll also have the opportunity to snorkel in the gin-clear water.
Stay: Bintang Flores (or similar) | Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
You’ll sit down for one last group breakfast, before catching a flight back to Bali. Then, you’ll say goodbye to Indonesia and board your return flight to the UK.
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Ngurah Rai International
- 30kg checked baggage
- 9 nights accommodation in hotels of 3* and 4* standard
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 1 dinner
- Airport coach transfers in Indonesia and mini bus transport
- English-speaking tour guide
- 14 activities/excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Flights to/from London Heathrow or your chosen UK airport
- Airport transfers in United Kingdom
- Internal flights
- Travel insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional activities
- Visa when required
- Vaccines when required
We are not a travel agency and as such we do not take bookings nor do we book your flights, accommodation, tours etc. on your behalf. Our mission is to portray current travel deals and compile travel packages which one would do solo without the need of a travel agency.
To book our suggested offers, simply click the link above, which will redirect you to our travel partners’ websites and from where you may proceed with your booking. You will not be charged anything extra for booking through our links, but we will earn a small commission when you book through the said links.
Because of the above, you are free to choose different travel dates, flights, accommodations, tours etc. if available. Naturally, the price we mention may increase or decrease if you choose a cheaper flight or a higher accommodation for example. On the same note, the prices we show are on first come first served basis and may increase or decrease according to demand and availability.
Want to know more or need help with finding flights? Hit the Messenger button on the right and let’s chat!
Your travel insurance policy. It’s not a must but it wouldn’t be wise to travel without it! Get a quote below if you are not yet covered by a travel insurance policy.